Functional safety has become a high priority in many areas of mechanical engineering, as more and more functionality is being shifted into electronics/software. A variety of standards take this into account. An overview can be seen in the illustrations below.
The Sibac Int. GmbH has many years of experience in complying with the standards shown. There are best-practice examples from the following areas: automotive, mobile automation and packaging machine construction.
Do you know one or more of these points?
- Your risk analyses become so extensive over time that it becomes difficult to deduce direct guidelines for development,
- the documentation effort paralyzes your development department,
- there is a great deal of uncertainty as to whether enough has been done to meet the standards in force.
We offer the following solution:
- Focused and thus clear risk analyses that depict complex systems with less than 150 functions,
- Assignment of their development activities to the applicable standard and thus ensuring compliance through precise knowledge of the standard and valid interpretation by best-practice knowledge,
- significant reduction of documentation effort through clear risk analyses and focused requirements management.
Example standard context for functional safety:
Comparison of different evaluation procedures: